Info For Hotels
WHO WE ARE: NOBBEL, INC.
NOBBEL stands for the National Organization of Bed Bug Education for Lodging. Our mission is two-fold:
- To educate the public and the lodging industry about the bedbug epidemic.
- To offer bedbug training and certifications for the lodging industry to build consumer confidence.
Using guidelines set forth by National Pest Management Association (NPMA), as well as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) NOBBEL has created an online bedbug training & certification program for the hotel industry. We are the only organization offering certifications specific to bedbugs. Certainly your staff could use more bedbug training!
Does YOUR property have a bedbug plan?
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Firstly, our training & certification process is all available online. The training is followed by a 25-question test, because we want to make sure that the information sticks! Those who pass the test are certified. The training will take about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. Furthermore, the course is also available in Spanish.
Each NOBBEL certified property receives:
- Expert staff training with video presentation
- A listing on our website. Guests can book rooms with our certified properties using direct links to your site. The best part? There are NO commission fees!
- The NOBBEL S.O.P. (The Bed Bug Log Book). This contains training materials, the 20-Point Bedbug Inspection Checklist, & other important bedbug information for hotels.
- Reputation management including:
- daily social media posts highlighting our certified properties
- mentions in emails & newsletters to NOBBEL subscribers
- Consulting – contact us with your bedbug questions & concerns
- Access to the latest prevention & detection products, always vetted by our experts
- Optional door & window signage, another great way to let your guests know that you have a plan!
Certifications are based on the percentage of full-time guest services & housekeeping staff that have taken the training & passed the test. Consequently, all staff certifications are good for 2 years. Therefore, you don’t need the entire staff to train yearly!
There are 4 levels of certification:
Platinum – 100%
Gold – 50%-99%
Silver – 25%-49%
Bronze – Under 25%
Is YOUR hotel property KnowBedBugs certified?
We also have answers to some frequently asked questions here