Bedbug Information and Training For Hotels
Who Are We?
NOBBEL, Inc. offers what your guests are asking for: bedbug information and training for hotels. We are the National Organization of Bed Bug Education for Lodging, and our mission is two-fold:
- To educate the public and the lodging industry about the bedbug epidemic.
- To offer bedbug information and training to the lodging industry in order to build consumer confidence.
Does your property have a bedbug plan? Now it does! You don’t need to reinvent the wheel because we have done the work for you.
Using guidelines set forth by National Pest Management Association (NPMA), as well as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) NOBBEL has created an online bedbug training & certification program for the hotel industry. We are the only organization offering certifications specific to bedbugs.
How Does This Work?
Our training & certification program is all available online. By joining the growing list of certified properties, you will have access to all of our training videos. You have options so that you can train your staff as you see best!
- You can present the training videos to multiple staff in a group setting
- OR you can add each employee separately. Using their email to sign-in, they will receive training specific to their position followed by a 25-question test. Each employee receives their own certification!
The training will take about 45 minutes to an hour to complete, and the program is available in both English & Spanish.
What Do Certified Properties Receive?
Each NOBBEL certified property receives:
- Expert staff training complete with video & slide presentation
- A listing on our website KnowBedBugs.com, where guests can book rooms using direct links to your site. We send you guests with NO commission fees!
- The NOBBEL S.O.P. (The Bed Bug Log Book) which contains training materials, the 20-Point Bedbug Inspection Checklist, and other important bedbug information for hotels.
- Reputation management including:
- daily social media posts highlighting our certified properties
- mentions in emails and newsletters to NOBBEL subscribers
- Consulting – Contact us with your bedbug questions & concerns and we will find an answer for you
- Access to the latest prevention & detection products, which have all been vetted by our experts
- Optional door & window signage, which is a great way to let your guests know that you have a plan!
Sign up now to get your property certified. Property certifications need to be renewed annually.
If you choose to train/test the staff individually, then all staff certifications are good for 2 years.
Is YOUR hotel property KnowBedBugs certified?
We also have answers to some frequently asked questions here