Why A Bed Bug Plan?
HOW COMFORTABLE DO YOU WANT YOUR GUESTS TO BE?
There has been a rise in bed bug infestations in the United States. Hotels and the lodging industry as a whole are on the front lines in the battle against this determined pest. Several websites now act as a bed bug registry, listing consumer’s reports of bed bug encounters at properties throughout the country. Often, these sites offer little or no recourse for the properties themselves. The posts stay on these sites indefinitely, causing damage (sometimes irreparably) to the property’s reputation.
This program is designed to teach, test and certify people in the lodging industry. You will learn how to detect Bed Bugs (before your guests do!), and how to implement proven procedures to battle an infestation. Most importantly, we offer training on guest interactions for a bed bug event. We’ve received overwhelming feedback from our partners that this has proven to be an invaluable resource. We want to help you protect your property and your guests!
WHAT YOUR GUESTS ARE SAYING:
Watch our video presentation to see what your potential guests say about bed bugs, online reports and how it affects their reservation decision:
STATISTICS TO CONSIDER:
- 27% of travelers believe that checking online reviews is the most useful way to avoid bed bug issues**
- 22% felt that prevention by the property itself would be the best way to avoid bed bugs**
- 25% have checked their room for bed bugs themselves*
- 56% would NOT stay at a property because of online reviews about prior bed bugs **
- 60% would change PROPERTIES if they noticed signs of a bed bug issue.**
- 12 % have already altered or canceled travel plans because of concern about bed bugs *
*source: 2011 Bed Bugs in America survey conducted by NPMA
** source: 2017 Bed Bugs and Hotels: Traveler Insights and Implications for the Industry by the University of Kentucky
Questions? Contact us:
The National Organization of Bed Bug Education for Lodging (NOBBEL, Inc.)
P.O. Box 1847
Millsboro, Delaware 19966
or email us.